Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Must live in Granby area, Northern Hartford, or Northern Tolland Counties of Connecticut. With previous bonuses was also available in MA
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes, report of being sensitive
- Credit card funding: Up to $500. Can fund with American Express, Discover, Mastercard & Visa.
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown, maybe 180 days bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Westfield Bank is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new checking account online or at any of our Connecticut offices. Must complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code $300CTConsumer
- Order a debit card enroll in online banking and receive $50
- Enroll in eStatements and receive $50
- Sign up for direct deposit and receive $200
The Fine Print
- One offer per person available to new WB Portfolio, WB Performance, WB CT Signature, WB CT Free, or WB CT 16-25 Checking account customers only.
- Order a debit card and enroll in online banking to receive $50. Enroll in eStatements and receive $50. Sign up for direct deposit and receive $200.
- The bonuses will be deposited into your account within 45 days after the criteria is met, which must happen within 60 days of account opening. Minimum balance to open a WB Portfolio, WB Performance, WB CT Signature, WB CT Free, or WB CT 16-25 Checking account is $10.
- As of 8/7/2020, the Annual Percentage Yield (APY) on the WB Portfolio Checking account is 0.10% and may change after the account is opened.
- Minimum balance to earn the APY is $10. Fees may reduce earnings.
- Offer available at the following branch locations: Bloomfield, Granby, Enfield, and West Hartford, or online.
- Offer may be rescinded at any time. Promotional code: $300CTConsumer
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Free checking account qualifies and that has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
With other bonuses account has needed to be kept open for 180 days to avoid losing the bonus.
Previous best bank bonus was $200, this is an extra $100 and the requirements are the same. Fingers crossed it works in MA as well, but seems to be CT only this time around.
Hat tip to reader CK9
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times