CU Rewards is a popular rewards program that a lot of credit unions use (we’ve covered the InFirst Federal Credit Union & America’s Christian Credit Union cards before for example). Recently some changes have been made to redeeming points for flights.
These offer a fixed point amount for travel to specific destinations.
- US 48 25,000 points (previously 35,000 points)
- Europe 79,000 points (previously 105,500)
- Caribbean 50,000 points (previously 65,000 points)
- Mexico 50,000 points (previously 65,000 points)
Unrestricted travel basically allows you to use your points towards any flight up to a certain limit.
- Previously 35,000 points for a $325 credit, now only 25,000 points (1.3¢ per point)
- Previously 54,000 for a $525 credit, now only 40,000 points (1.3125¢ per point)
- Previously 75,000 for a $750 credit, now only 57,000 points (1.3158¢ per point)
Previously the best deal was 1¢ per point and now we see up to ~1.32¢.
In this day and age where it’s devaluation after devaluation it’s nice to see a positive improvement for once. I guess this might make the hunt for useful CU Rewards cards more important. If anybody finds any ones of particular interest let me know in the comments below.
Hat tip to reader Gabe