Update 2/1/21: Deal is back for 2021. Hat tip to kas141
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: DE, MD, NJ, PA, DC & VA only. May need to live in one of the counties
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft. Make sure to opt out of overdraft protection
- ChexSystems: Yes.
- Credit card funding: Up to $500
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit:
One (is enforced/isn’t enforced (2))None
- Expiration date:
None ListedDecember 31, 2021
- Fulton Bank is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new Simply Checking account and complete either of these requirements:
- Set up a recurring direct deposit totaling $250 or more OR
- Make 15 debit card purchases spending $300 or more in total purchases within 60 days
The Fine Print
- This offer is valid for new consumer checking account customers only that have not had a checking account with any affiliate of Fulton Financial Corporation within the last 12 months.
- Promotion is limited to one cash bonus per person.
- If multiple accounts are opened for the same owner, only the first account will be eligible for the bonus.
- Fulton Financial Corporation employees and immediate family members sharing a household are not eligible.
- May not be combined with any other offer.
- Offer may be withdrawn without notice.
- Customers are responsible for possible tax implications.
- 25 minimum deposit to open a checking account online.
- This offer is valid when you open a new Simply Checking account and complete a minimum of 15 debit card purchases within 60 days after account opening (transactions must be posted to the account within the 60 day timeframe); or, set up recurring direct deposit in the cumulative amount of $250 or more within 60 days after account opening.
- The direct deposit must post to your account within this timeframe and is limited to Social Security, pension, payroll, or unemployment. $200 cash bonus will be credited to your checking account four to six weeks after the conditions above have been met.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Simply checking has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I can find no references to an early account termination fee on their website.
Previous best bonus was $150. This is an extra $50 for the same requirements. Definitely think this is worth doing if you live in a targeted area, I’ll be adding this to our list of the best checking account bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times