Warning: According to the fine print the bonus doesn’t go live until September 7, 2021.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: DE, MD, NJ, PA, DC & VA only. May need to live in one of the counties
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft. Make sure to opt out of overdraft protection
- ChexSystems: Yes.
- Credit card funding: Up to $500
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: November 30, 2021
- Fulton Bank is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new business checking bonus.
- Deposit at least $2,000 of new money within 30 days of account opening
- Have a $2,000 minimum balance in your account on day 60 after account is opened
- Complete at least 10 business debit card purchases within 60 days of account opening ($10 minimum per transaction—includes in-store and online purchases).
The Fine Print
- To receive $300 cash bonus, your business must not currently have, nor have had, any business checking account with Fulton Bank in the last 12 months, and your business must do all of the following:
- (i) Open a new Business Checking, Business Premium Checking, or Business Interest Checking account between September 7, 2021 and November 30, 2021;
- (ii) Deposit a total of $2,000 or more in new money into your account within 30 days of opening the account. New money is defined as funds not currently on deposit with Fulton Bank by the account holder at time of account opening;
- (iii) Maintain minimum balance of $2,000 or more on day 60 after account opening;
- (iv) Complete a minimum of 10 business debit card purchases (includes in-store and online purchases), each totaling $10 or more, within 60 days after account opening (transactions must be posted to the account within the 60-day timeframe).
- The new business checking account must remain open, and account cannot have a negative balance at the time the bonus is credited.
- Bonus will be credited to the account within four to six weeks after meeting all offer requirements.
- We reserve the right to decline to open an account in our sole and absolute discretion.
- We will report the cash bonus amount to the IRS as interest for the year in which it was received.
- One cash bonus per business entity as identified by Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN).
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Business checking has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I can find no references to an early account termination fee on their website.
Looks to be a good easy bonus with easy requirements. Keep in mind the fine print on when the bonus is available (not until September), it will probably work before then but I wouldn’t risk it. We will add this to our list of the best business checking bonuses once it’s officially live.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times