Last October Delta devalued partner awards by as much as 40% during a global pandemic without any notice. Unfortunately Delta has now devalued partner awards again. Delta doesn’t publish an award chart any longer meaning they can make these changes without any notice or real oversight.
- Business class flights between the US & Europe on partners now start at 120,000 miles.
- Before October these awards were pricing at 75,000-86,000 miles
- After October these awards were pricing at 95,000 miles
- Business class flights between the US & North/India Asia on partners now start at 120,000 miles (previously 102,500 miles)
- Business class flights between the US & South East Asia on partners now start at 165,000 miles (previously 147,500 miles)
Seems like a ridiculous time to raise award prices again given the current circumstances and the fact that Delta just increased prices a few months ago. This is one of the issues with the removal of award charts and no matter how much these loyalty programs lie and state that nothing will change, big devaluations always follow.
Hat tip to OMaaT