Update 12/9/20: This offer is slated to expire on December 10th.
Update 9/18/20: Looks like this is now available at the public signup link as well. Obviously better if you can get the offer to show via referral and help your friend get a bonus too, but good to see it publicly available now.
American Express cardholders can find their referral link in their Amex login. Check for the following offer:
- Apply for the Blue Cash Preferred via a referral link and the new member gets $300 after $3,000 in spend within 6 months. Annual fee is waived the first year.
- Annual fee of $95 waived first year
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (up to $6,000 in spend annually, then 1%)
- 6% cash back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions
- 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations
- 3% cash back on transit (e.g taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses and more)
- 1% back on all other purchases
- You can only get the sign up bonus on American Express cards once
I’m not seeing this on my Blue Cash Preferred, but sfplat on Reddit reports finding such an offer and I’m seeing the same. Within my AmEx login it shows a $250 offer, but when I actually open the referral link the $300 offer pops up. Not sure if it’s showing for everyone or YMMV.
We saw a similar offer via referral for $300 on $1,000 spend, but the annual fee wasn’t waived there. $300 + fee waiver + bonus for referrer is about as good as you can get. Not sure if we’ve ever seen the annual fee waived on BCP before. The standard offer on BCP just increased to $250 with no fee waiver.
Since American Express released universal referrals, I assume just about everyone has a friend with an AmEx card, so I’m thinking we won’t do a referral thread for now. Do not leave referrals in the comments.
Hat tip to sfplat