Update 2/13/21: Healthcare workers that did this offer last time it was available should keep an eye out for the same offer being sent out via snail mail. Hat tip to Roman M
Update 5/5/20: This has been extended until June 1st. Hat tip to reader RM
- Mazda has announced it will be providing free standard oil changes and vehicle cleaning for U.S. healthcare workers at participating dealers. This includes most makes and models and is not limited to Mazda cars.
The Fine Print
- The Essential Car Care is available from April 16 – May 4, 2020.
- Eligible participants are all active healthcare workers in eligible U.S. medical facilities (defined
below). Medical Facilities for the purpose of this program include:
- Hospitals, Urgent Care, Surgical Centers, Birth Centers
- Healthcare Providers, Doctor Offices, Medical Clinics, Medical Offices, Medical Centers,
Medical Facilities, Health Systems
- Mental Health Providers and Addiction Treatment Centers
- Medical Testing Facilities, Imaging and Radiology Centers
- Assisted Living, Long-Term Care Facilities, Nursing Homes, Hospice Homes, Adult Care
Homes, Home Health Agencies
- Public Health Agencies
- Medical Laboratory and Research Centers
- Medical Equipment Providers
- Orthopedic and other Rehabilitation Centers (Physical Therapy, Chiropractic, etc.)
- Blood Banks
- Telehealth Providers
- Most standard make/model passenger cars, crossovers and SUVs are eligible. The program excludes certain vehicles, including exotic vehicles, classic car vehicles, offroad vehicles, vehicles with greater than 8-quart engine oil capacity or any other vehicles with special manufacturer requirements. To ensure we can service as many healthcare workers as possible, the program allows for each worker receive the service on one car, per program period.
At first I thought this was just for Mazda cars and thought it was a nice gesture, but this is fantastic that it’s for most makes and models. This will be added to the full list of freebies for healthcare workers.