Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Nationwide (with an $8 membership to the Financial Fitness Association); [ChurningExperiences notes that First Tech may automatically reimburse you for the $8 membership]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, or ACH deposit of $1,000+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft in my experience and recent DPs (an older Hard DP exists)
- ChexSystems: Positive DPs, Some Sensitivity (but maybe not)
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: April 30, 2022
- First Tech Federal Credit Union is offering a $300 bonus when you open a new checking account using the promo code FTRC2022 and complete the following requirements for four consecutive months:
- 20 transactions (Any debit & credit card transactions with minimum monthly spend of $500)
- Monthly direct deposit/ ACH of $1,000+
- eStatement enrollment
The Fine Print
- Offer valid for new account openings and conversions from 02.01.2022 to 04.30.2022.
- Promotion available to First Tech members.
- First Tech Rewards Checking (“FTRC”) account may be a new account or converted from an existing First Tech checking account during the offer period. Participant cannot be the primary account owner on any FTRC account within the last twelve months.
- Participant is defined as 18 years of age or older and the primary account owner on the eligible accounts.
- New accounts must be personal accounts. Fiduciary, Trust, Business, Organization, or Health Savings Accounts are not eligible.
- First Tech employees are not eligible.
- For new members, Credit Union membership is established by opening a Membership Savings account, is required prior to opening any other type of account, and is subject to approval.
- The Participant may enroll in the promotion by entering promotion code FTRC2022 on a new account application or by speaking with a representative (“Enrollment”).
- Any qualifying bonus will be deposited to the Participant’s Membership Savings account within 150 calendar days of Enrollment.
- Membership must be in good standing (as defined in the First Tech Membership and Account Agreement and account disclosures) at the time of bonus payment.
- Bonuses will be considered dividends and may be reported on IRS form 1099-INT.
- Any inquiries or disputes must be received by 11.30.2022.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
Previous best bonus was a $100 referral link. This is an extra $100/$200 depending on how you do your referrals. This is definitely worth doing and we will add this to our list of the best checking bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Rob
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times