Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: FL only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $200+
- Additional requirements: Be referred
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Fairwinds Credit Union is offering a $100 referral bonus when the person being referred opens a Spending or Checking Account and completes a direct deposit of $200 or more
The Fine Print
- In order for both the referred individual and the referring FAIRWINDS member to each qualify for and receive the $100.00 referral reward, the following conditions must be met: The referred individual may not have previously been an owner on or a party to a FAIRWINDS account; the referred individual must open a new FAIRWINDS consumer Spending or Checking Account during the eligible program period; the referred individual must open the new account using the referring FAIRWINDS member’s unique referral link; and the referred individual must receive in the new Spending or Checking Account a qualifying direct deposit of $200.00 or more (excluding their new account deposit used to fund/open the account) within 45 days of opening. The qualifying direct deposit must be a deposit made by Automated Clearing House (ACH) deposit. The referring FAIRWINDS member must be in good standing with the credit union and must be an owner of a FAIRWINDS consumer Spending or Checking account in order to be eligible for a referral reward. FAIRWINDS Credit Union employees are not eligible to receive any referral program rewards.
- Rewards that have been fully earned and qualified for will be paid to each party on or about the 15th day of the month following the deposit of the qualifying funds into the referred individual’s new Spending or Checking Account. Only one reward will be provided per referred individual. A referring FAIRWINDS’ member can only receive a total of up to $1,000 in referral rewards per calendar year. Referred individuals acknowledge that payment of the reward will result in the referring member’s knowledge of the referred individual’s establishment of a new account with FAIRWINDS.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Spend account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find any mention of an early account termination fee in the fee schedule.
Fairwind has offered generous personal & business credit card bonuses before, but we haven’t seen any bank account bonuses. If anybody has an account already then please feel free to share if it was a hard or soft pull to open that account along with your referral details in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times