Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must live, work or go to school in Broward OR Palm Beach Counties, Florida
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: 7 transactions per 30 day period for 7 months.
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Account must be kept open for at least 7 months to release the bonus
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: None listed
- BrightStar Credit Union (BSCU) is offering a $100 checking bonus when you open a new business checking bonus and complete the following requirements:
- Enroll in eStatements
- Do a minimum of 4 transactions per month for 7 months
The Fine Print
- Offer applies only to new members joining BrightStar Credit Union and opening a new business checking account.
- New membership and new checking account must be established at the same time.
- Qualifications may apply to opening new checking accounts.
- $100 will be deposited into member’s primary Savings account and will earn dividends but will not be available for withdrawal or access for any reason until 7 months after account opening.
- Please allow 4-6 weeks after the end of the 7th month for the account review to be finalized.
- $100 will be forfeited if the Checking account is not active for any 30 day period during the first 7 months the account is open—with the exception of a 30 day grace period from the account opening date.
- An active checking account is defined as a minimum of four (4) transactions per 30 day period.
- Eligible transactions include: Visa Check Card purchases, checks clearing, direct deposit of payroll or other funds, bills paid via Online BillPay, in-branch withdrawals or deposits, ATM deposits.
- Non-eligible transactions include: dividend posting, fee assessment, manual adjustments, transfers, ATM withdrawals, automatic debits or other transactions. Accounts will be reviewed during the 8th month after the open date at that time, the hold on the $100 will either be released, or the $100 will be debited from the account.
- Offer is not valid with other offers, and may change or end without notice.
- To be eligible, you must be a U.S. resident aged 18 or older.
- Limit of one $100 cash award per person.
- Any taxes related to the offer are the member’s responsibility.
- Offer subject to change or end at any time. Other conditions may apply. Fee may apply for paper statement. Conditions apply. BrightStar Credit Union is federally insured by the NCUA. Membership eligibility required.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Classic business checking account is the easiest account to keep fee free. This has a $7.95 monthly fee that is waived if you do the following:
- Have an average monthly balance of $1,500+
Early Account Termination Fee
If you close your account within 180 days you’ll be charged a $20 early account termination fee, although this doesn’t really matter as you need to keep the account open for at least seven months to get the bonus.
Same requires as the personal bonus. I don’t think you can do both as the terms state you need to be a new member. In that case the personal bonus is better as it’s easier to keep fee free.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times