Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: Membership is open to anyone in Alachua, Clay, Columbia, Gadsden, Jefferson, Lake, Leon, Madison, Marion, Sumter, Suwannee, and Wakulla counties!
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: eStatements
- Hard/soft pull: Hard
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $15 if closed within one year
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: None listed
- Campus USA is offering a bonus of $150 when you open a free checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code C150
- Within 60 days elect to receive eDocuments
- Within 60 days use debit card as a non-pin based transaction (online purchase, contactless purchase, or swiping your debit card without using a pin) at least 6 times
The Fine Print
- May not be combined with any other offer. Offer subject to change without notice.
- One bonus per household.
- Offer is not available to members with an existing CAMPUS checking account.
- Credit approval and initial $50 opening deposit required.
- Member must elect to receive eDocuments.
- Within the first 60 days, member must use their debit card as a non-pin based transaction (online purchase, contactless purchase, or swiping your debit card without using a pin) at least 6 times within 60 days.
- If requirements are met and the account remains open after 60 days, the $150 reward will be made available to the member.
- $150 is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- Credit approval and initial $5 deposit required.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
According to their fee schedule there is also a $15 early account termination fee as well.
At the start of 2020 there was a $300 bonus that was offered. This new bonus is significantly less but no direct deposit required. Still not worth it for most people due to the hard pull.
Hat tip to reader Fred
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times