Update 4/3/22: Deal is back and valid until 5/31/22.
Bonus is now FL only
Update 11/1/21: Deal is back, no end date listed this time. Hat tip to reader Gadget.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: All locations are in FL, but anybody can become a member by joining CU Savers Club, which is free
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500 or more
- Additional requirements: Use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Up to $500
- Monthly fees: $4.95, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Closed Account Within 180 Days: $25 fee (or balance if <$25)
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
October 31, 2021None
- GTE Financial Credit Union is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code JOIN200
- Receive a direct deposit of $500 or more
The Fine Print
- Offer valid for new GTE Members only.
- To qualify, new members must open a Go Premium with GTE Secure, Go Full Access, or Go Further checking account.
- In addition, new members must have direct deposit set-up totaling $500 or more per month within the first 60 days of account opening.
- Direct deposit must come from an external source, such as an employer or government agency, direct deposits from another GTE Financial account do not meet the qualifications of this incentive offer.
- New members must also use promotional code JOIN200 at the time of application. GTE Financial reserves the right to end this promotion at any time.
- This offer cannot be combined with other incentive offers from GTE Financial.
- Account incentive will be deposited into member’s account within 10 business days from meeting all qualifications for promotion. Federally Insured by NCUA.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Go full access has a $4.95 fee that can be waived by enrolling in eStatements AND making $500 in aggregate deposits per month OR making a combination of 15 monthly debit and/or credit card transactions.
Early Account Termination Fee
Closed Account Within 180 Days: $25 fee (or balance if <$25)
GTE Financial has offered a $100 checking bonus with no direct deposit required and a $200 checking bonus, but the previous $200 bonus had a monthly fee that couldn’t be avoided. I suspect we might see this bonus pulled before the end date so if you’re interested then sign up sooner rather than later. Some people might prefer the $100 bonus as no direct deposit is required. We will add this to our best checking bonuses.
Hat tip to IS250
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times