Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: FL only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements:
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: None listed
- MIDFLORIDA Credit Union is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a personal checking account, requirements are as follows:
- Open a Free Checking account and set up direct deposit
- Post $500 by direct deposit within 45 days of account opening
- Open online banking, online bill payment, eStatement, eNotice, and a debit card
- Receive $200 into your new Free Checking account
The Fine Print
- Offer valid as of March 12, 2021 and may be cancelled at any time.
- Eligibility requirements apply.
- See associate for details regarding fees and terms.
- To qualify for the $200 incentive, you must open a new Free Checking account with direct deposit ($500 cumulative which must post within 45 days of account opening), as well as accept and open online banking, online bill payment, eStatement, eNotice, and a debit card.
- The incentive will be deposited to new Free Checking account after the qualifications have been met, and will be reported to the IRS. Minimum to open Free Checking is $50.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Free checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee but you do need to keep your membership open for six months otherwise you will be charged a $5 fee.
There is also a $300 business checking bonus that comes with a $200 personal checking bonus but that $200 personal checking bonus required a loan whereas this doesn’t. This one can also be opened online.
Hat tip to YX H
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times