Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: GA, FL only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $2,000+ per month for two months
- Additional requirements:
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee:
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: March 31, 2021
- First Commerce Credit Union is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new iEarn! and complete the qualifying checking requirements:
- Use promo code iearn300
- Enroll in digital banking
- Receive regular income deposits totaling $2,000+ per month for two months
The Fine Print
- To qualify for $300 bonus, open either an iEarn! Checking or iEarn!50+ Checking account online using the promo code “iEarn300” between 3/1/21 and 3/31/21.
- Must establish a regular income deposit (direct or by check) of $2000+/month for at least two months prior to June 30, 2021.
- Qualifying deposits include your paycheck, pension, government benefits (such as Social Security), or other eligible regular monthly income from your employer or the government deposited into your checking account. Person-to-person and bank transfers between your First Commerce accounts or accounts at other financial institutions or brokerages do not qualify. 3 Must enroll in FCCU Digital Banking. 4 Minimum opening deposit for iEarn! is $1,000, and $5,000 for iEarn!50+. To receive account benefits, including the $300 bonus, average daily balance for iEarn! is $1,000 and iEarn!50+ is $5,000. If requirements are met, $300 bonus will be included in the Annual Percentage Yield, will vary based on actual balances, and will be reported as interest. Fees may reduce earnings on the account. 5 To receive bonus, account must be open and in good standing on the day the bonus is posted. Bonuses will be paid no later than July 31, 2021, for all accounts meeting minimum requirements. Members with current FCCU checking accounts are not eligible for $300 bonus. Offer subject to end at any time. For complete terms & conditions, visit FirstCommerceCU.org/iEarn300 or call 1.800.533.5772. Insured by NCUA.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if any early account termination fee is charged or not.
Seems like a nice big bonus, does require two big direct deposits but as long as you can manage that it’s a great deal. Need to know if it’s a hard or soft pull as well. If anybody goes for this bonus then please share your experiences in the comments below.
Hat tip to reader Sunil A
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times