Update 6/12/22: Deal is back and valid until July 31, 2022. Hat tip to reader lucy
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Must be a resident of Georgia
- Direct deposit required: Direct deposits of $500+ per statement cycle required
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $5.95, not avoidable.
- Early account termination fee:
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: August 31st, 2020
- Georgia’s Own Credit Union is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a Perks+ Checking Account and complete the following requirements:
- Make qualifying direct deposits totaling at least $500 per statement cycle
- Must register for online banking
- Complete 6 debit card transactions within each of the two statement cycles after account opening
The Fine Print
- Online offer only valid July 1, 2020 through August 31, 2020.
- Georgia’s Own will give you $200 when you open up a new Perks+ Checking account or $100 when you open up a new All Access Account.
- Offer does not apply to business, employee, second, or multiple checking accounts with Georgia’s Own.
- If you had a checking account with Georgia’s Own in the last 90 days, you are not eligible for this offer.
- The bonus will be paid within 90 days after account opening and is subject to the following requirements: the member must establish a monthly direct deposit of at least $1,000 per statement cycle; the member must register for online banking; the member must complete 6 debit card transactions within each of the two statement cycles after account opening.
- Account must be open and in good standing at the time the bonus is paid. Accounts are subject to approval
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Perks+ account that is required for this bonus has a $5.95 monthly fee that cannot be waived.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find an early account termination fee in the fee schedule.
This is another bonus where we need to know if it’s a hard or soft pull to open, if anybody goes for it then please share your experiences in the comments below.
Hat tip to reader Sagan
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times