Update 1/25/22: Card has been discontinued and will end on March 9, 2022. That didn’t last long.
Grand Reserve Mastercard is a card designed for wine enthusiasts that has just launched with a 50,000 point bonus.
- Sign up bonus of 50,000 points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening
- $149 annual fee, not waived first year
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 5x points at Grand Reserve Partners
- 3x points at any winery, wine club or wine shop
- 2x points on all other purchases
- Complimentary Priority Wine Pass membership
- Complimentary wine magazine subscription
- Access to exclusive Grand Reserve member events
- World Mastercard Benefits
How Much Are Points Worth?
The website states that points can be redeemed for rewards starting at 750 per point, there is a sample catalog here. It doesn’t look like there are any good ways to ‘cash out’ points. But it looks like 50,000 in points could be worth anywhere from $250 to $400. That works out to be 0.5¢-0.8¢ per point.
Given the fact that this card has a high annual fee and limited benefits I don’t think it’s worth considering for most people. Especially as the sign up bonus can be worth as low as $250.