Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: HI
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $200+
- Additional requirements: No
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: March 31, 2022
- Central Pacific Bank is offering a $100 checking bonus when you open a Shaka by CFB account. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- Deposit $25+ and receive a $50 bonus
- Receive a direct deposit of $200 or more by April 15, 2022 and receive a $50 bonus
The Fine Print
- To receive your $100 credit, you must open a Shaka Checking account between December 28, 2021 12:00AM – March 31, 2022 11:59PM and meet 2 requirements.
- Receive $50 when you meet the $25 minimum deposit and get an additional $50 when you set up a qualifying direct deposit transaction of $200 or more and receive your first direct deposit by April 15, 2022.
- The bonus will be credited to your qualifying Shaka account by April 30, 2022 based on when you opened the account.
- Limit one $100 credit per account one $100 credit per customer
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so unsure if there is any early account termination fee.
Small bonus, but it is nice you can get some of it without a direct deposit. We don’t see a lot of Hawaii bank bonuses though, so might be worth doing. If anybody goes for it then please share your experiences in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times