Update 9/21/21: You can get a $150 bonus after $2,000 in spend within 60 days. The 4% categories turn into 8% for the first 60 days as well.
Huntington Bank has launched a business Voice credit card. It’s quite similar to their personal Voice card, but much better in most respects. Let’s take a look at the new card.
- Can’t apply online, must apply in branch. Branches are in: OH, MI, IN, PA, KY, WV, IL & WI [branch locator]
- Choose one category to earn 4% cash back in. You can change category every quarter and you earn 4% cash back on the first $7,000 each quarter. 4% categories you can choose from are:
- Gas stations [See: best credit cards for gas purchases]
- Travel & entertainment [See: best credit cards for travel purchases]
- Restaurants [See: best credit cards for restaurants]
- Discount & warehouse stores
- Grocery stores [See: best credit cards for grocery store purchases]
- Utilities & office supply stores [See: best credit cards for office supply stores]
- Electronics, computer & camera stores
- Department, Apparel & sporting good stores
- Home improvement stores
- Auto parts & service stores
- Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fee
- No sign up bonus
Bit annoying that this card doesn’t have a sign up bonus and you have to apply in branch. That being said the flexibility of the 4% categories is great and the categories themselves are actually useful. I can see a lot of people being happy with an extra $28,000 in grocery store spend annually at a high 4% rate. If you can max out that full $28,000 you’re earning an extra $560 compared to a flat 2% card. It’s a shame you can only pick one 4% category. Let me know your thoughts on this new card in the comments below.