Update 12/31/20: This has been extended for stays through February 28, 2021. Hat tip to Hoang
- Hyatt has released details of its new Bonus Journeys promotion. You’ll earn triple base points on all stays from October 1, 2020 and January 4, 2021. World of Hyatt cardholders will be able to earn quadruple base points at 350+ properties (160 Hyatt resorts, 200 SLH properties and some MGM properties) Every elite night earned during this promotion also counts towards earning status in 2021 (for 2022).
The Fine Print
- Must register between October 1 and November 30, 2020
- Valid for stays between October 1, 2020 and January 4, 2021
- Limit of 150,000 bonus points can be earned (225,000 for World of Hyatt credit cardholders)
- Valid on previously booked stays
Base earning rate is 5 points per $1 spent, so this is an extra 10x or 15x (15x or 20x total) at participating properties. Discoverists members will earn an extra 0.5, Explorists and extra 1x and Globalists an extra 1.5x per $1 spent. Hyatt points are worth a lot more than other hotel chains, so this is a very generous promotion. Hyatt has also extended the 15/25% rebate on award bookings and free parking. I expect we will see a lot more very aggressive hotel promotions from other chains in the future. Normally hotel promotions aren’t enough to get me to change my booking behavior, but this one does tempt me.