Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: IA only
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: December 31, 2021
- Hills Bank is offering a $50 checking & $50 savings bonus.
- Get $50 when you open a checking account with promo code FREE50
- Get $50 when you open a savings account
The Fine Print
- Offer expires 12/31/2021.
- New customers only.
- Must open a new Free Checking with this promotion to qualify for the Free Savings bonus.
- Limit one Free Checking bonus and one Free Savings bonus per customer and not valid with any other offer.
- Fees may reduce earnings.
- Bonus paid when coupon is presented at account opening or within 5 days for online accounts and may be reported as interest.
- No minimum balance required to obtain bonus.
- Subject to credit approval.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Neither the savings or checking account has a monthly fee to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find any EATF in the fee schedule.
Worth doing if it’s a soft pull as there are no requirements to get the bonus other than using the promo code.
Hat tip to 北美羊毛快报
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times