Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: ID, WA & OR. More details here
- Direct deposit required: No, only ACH required of $250+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund with a credit card, up to $5,000
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $20, 180 days
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: None listed
- Gesa Credit Union is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new Colossal checking account and complete the following requirements within 60 days of account opening:
- Enroll in Xpress Digital Banking.
- Sign-up for and receive eStatements.
- Complete 10 Gesa Visa® debit card transactions. (ATM transactions excluded.)
- Receive one ACH deposit of $250 or more.
- Deposit one item using Remote Deposit Capture.
The Fine Print
- Beginning June 1, 2021, for a limited time only, a $100 incentive will be paid by a direct deposit into the member’s savings account, after all qualification criteria are met and within 60 days of the checking account opening.
- The incentive payment is subject to required IRS reporting.
- To be eligible for the incentive, you must enroll in Xpress Digital Banking or Xpress Mobile Banking, sign-up to receive electronic statements, complete 10 Gesa Visa® debit card transactions (ATM transactions excluded), receive at least one ACH deposit of $250 or more, and deposit at least one item through mobile check deposit. Only one $100 incentive per member.
- Member must not have had a Gesa Checking account within the last 90 days.
- Qualified checking accounts are Colossal and ADDvantage.
- The checking account must be opened with a minimum deposit of $5 if opened in the branch and $25 if opened online.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
A $20 fee is charged if the account is closed within 180 days according to this fee schedule.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times