Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: IL [Branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: eStatements
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: None listed
- First Savings Bank of Hegewisch is offering a $150 checking bonus. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- $50 when you open a new checking account with an opening balance of $300+
- $50 when you receive a direct deposit
- $50 when you activate eStatements
The Fine Print
- Bonus amounts are credited to your checking account and considered interest for tax purposes, subject to 1099 reporting.
- This offer is for new customers to the bank or for existing customers who do not presently have a checking account with the bank. All interest-bearing checking accounts have daily compounding interest.
- Limit one bonus offer per household.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so unsure if there is an EATF
It’s nice that you can get $100 of the bonus without a direct deposit. You should be able to ask if it’s a hard or soft pull before opening the account in branch.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times