Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: IL, In branch only.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: 180 days, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Elite Community Credit Union is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Receive a direct deposit
- Receive 10 transactions per month and receive a debit card
The Fine Print
- New checking account requires payroll, social security, or pension direct deposit, a minimum of 10 transactions per month, and a debit card in order to receive bonus.
- The cash bonus will be credited to new account after first direct deposit is credited and 10 transactions posted.
- Account must remain open for at least 180 days or cash bonus amount will be applied as a penalty during closing. Certain restrictions apply.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
Account must be kept open for at least 180 days.
Needs to be opened in branch, so it should be possible to ask if it’s a hard or soft pull before opening the account.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times