Update 3/16/22: Deal is now $200, instead of $100 + $100 donation to United Way.
Update 9/2/21: Extended until February 28, 2022. Hat tip to Kyle
Update 2/8/21: Has been extended until August 31, 2021.
Update 10/3/20: Deal is back. Valid until January 31, 2021 DP719
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100 + $100 donation to United Way
- Availability: IL, IN, KY, OH
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Six months, $25 & bonus forfeit
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date:
August 7th, 2020 January 31, 2021May 31, 2022
- First Financial Bank is offering a bonus of $100 and a $100 donation to United Way when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code ENJOY200
- Have a direct deposit of $500+ made to this account OR conduct 3 or more total payment transactions (combination of Debit Card, ACH Debit, Check or BillPay by July 31, 2022
The Fine Print
- In order to receive the $100 bonus deposited into your account and for the United Way to receive a $100 donation, you must: 1) Open a new personal checking account using the promo code United between September 28, 2020 and January 31, 2021; AND 2) By March 31, 2021, have a qualifying direct deposit totaling $500 or more in a statement cycle made to this account OR conduct 3 or more qualifying payment transactions.
- A qualifying direct deposit must be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government.
- A qualifying payment transaction can be combination of Debit Card, ACH Debit, Check or BillPay. Person to Person payments to or from any account at First Financial Bank or any other financial institution do not apply.
- After you have completed the above requirements, we will deposit the bonus in your new account in the month following qualification. The donation to the United Way will be made on or around April 7, 2021.
- Applicants must reside within 25 miles of a First Financial Banking Center.
- Offer not available to First Financial Bank employees, applicants who have closed a First Financial Bank checking account within the last 6 months or anyone who has received another offer or bonus within the last 12 months.
- Limit one $100 bonus awarded per household address.
- This offer excludes H.S.A., WORKLife and Money Market accounts.
- Accounts closed within 6 months of the account open date will result in the bonus amount being deducted at account closing (if bonus was not awarded, account will be subject to a $25.00 Early Account Closing Fee).
- Bonus will be reported on IRS Form 1099-MISC. First Financial Bank reserves the right to end the offer at any time.
f1RST® Simple Checking has a $0 monthly fee, although there is a $3 paper fee
Early Account Termination Fee
There is an early account termination fee of $25 if closed within six months of account opening, bonus also forfeit.
Seems like a very easy bonus to meet the requirements for and no monthly fee to worry about either. Obviously a relatively small bonus but an additional $100 donated to United Way as well. Will add this to the best bank account bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Fatsp
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times