Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: IN, WI, IL only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum mentioned
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown (sensitive)
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Six months, $25
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: February 28, 2021
- CIBM Bank (also known as marine bank) is offering a bonus of $250 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Enter promo code OAQTR12021 during account opening
- Use ClickSWITCH to move your direct deposit at the time of account opening
The Fine Print
- Promo code OAQTR12021 must be used at account opening.
- Limited to one offer per customer for new checking accounts opened online between 1/11/2021 and 2/28/2021.
- Offer not available for existing CIBM Bank personal checking account holders.
- To qualify for the cash bonus the customer must complete the ClickSWITCH process of direct deposit initiation to CIBM Bank during account enrollment.
- An email regarding successful account activation will be sent from CIBM Bank.
- Cash bonus will be paid within seven days from that date.
- Minimum opening deposit of $100 required.
- Accounts closed within 6 months of opening date, subject to a $25.00 early closing fee.
- Cash bonus considered interest/income and reportable on IRS Form 1099-INT or 1099- MISC.
- We reserve the right to amend or cancel any part of this offer at any time.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
Accounts closed within 6 months of opening date are subject to a $25.00 closing fee
Last time this was offered it was $200, but we’ve seen the $250 bonus in the past as well. Definitely worth doing when it’s at this $250 level and we will be adding this to our best bank account bonuses.
Hat tip to Burnout1749
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times