Update 3/30/22: Deal can now be opened online and doesn’t require a direct deposit. Hat tip to reader Another DP
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Must open in branch, all branches are in IN & OH
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: eStatements, 10 debit card purchases
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
May 31st, 2019None listed March 31, 2022
- Civista is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code C22
- Enroll your account in eStatements
- Make $500 in total deposits within 60 days
- Make 10 debit card purchases within 60 days
The Fine Print
- Qualified direct deposit and debit card purchases must post to your account within 60 days of account opening.
- Minimum opening deposit is $50.00.
- Offer valid for new personal checking customers and excludes existing Civista personal checking account owners and those who have closed within the last six months.
- Employees of Civista Bank, its affiliates and its subsidiaries are not eligible. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
- eStatement is promotion account standard. Optional paper statement may be substituted upon request but would disqualify account holder from this promotion. A $2.00 paper statement delivery charge may apply.
- The reward will be deposited into your new account within 90 days of account opening after meeting all promotion qualifications, and identified on your monthly statement as “Checking Promo Reward”. Bank will report the value of the offer to the IRS as interest earned. You will receive a 1099-INT form from us. Consult your tax advisor.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They offer a free checking account with no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so not sure what the EATF is if there is one.
We don’t know if it’s a hard or soft pull, so can’t really say whether it’s a good or bad deal. Considering you need to open in branch, it should be possible to ask before signing up. As always if you go for this bonus share your experiences in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times