Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must live or work in Allen County
- Direct deposit required: Yes or loan (no minimum specified)
- Additional requirements: Be referred and use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $5
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: June 30th, 2021
- Public Service Credit Union in Indiana is offering a $100 referral bonus to both parties. Person being referred needs to do the following:
- Open a checking account with a debit card
- Complete one of the following: Direct Deposit, Loan, Visa Credit Card
- Person signing up needs to give the referee’s name and promo code REFER100 at sign up
The Fine Print
- New member must live or work in Allen County to be eligible for membership. $100 awarded to new member & referring member 18 years and older within 60 days of account & loan, credit card or direct deposit received.
- Existing PSCU members & former members with account closed within 90 days not eligible.
- Bonus reported on 1099INT.
- Limited time offer expires June 30, 2021 or earlier at PSCU’s discretion.
- Limit ten bonuses per referring member.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Smart checking account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
According to this fee schedule there is a $5 fee when closing your account, doesn’t seem to be waivable.
Not to be confused with the PSCU in Colorado. This is a relatively small bonus and there is a $5 closure fee that can’t be avoided, but if you can refer a few people it becomes more interesting. If anybody goes for this bonus then please share your experiences in the comments.
Hat tip to ShawntheShawn
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times