Update 5/12/22: Deal is back, but now for $200 instead of $150.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: Must live, work or worship in select MO & KS counties:
- MO: Clay, Jackson, Platte, St. Louis
- KS: Douglas, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Leavenworth, Miamia, Shawnee, Wyandotte
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $250+
- Additional requirements: eStatements & provde e-mail address
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: At least $5,000
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee:
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
October 31, 2020 December 31, 20206/30/2022
- CommunityAmerica Credit Union is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new Chiefs checking account and complete the following requirements within 45 days of account opening:
- Provide your email address.
- Enroll in eStatements.
- Set up a recurring monthly direct deposit of at least $250, not aggregated.
The Fine Print
- The direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits from your employer or the government. Person to person payments (such as Popmoney) are not considered a direct deposit.
- Within 30 days of meeting qualification requirements, a $150 credit will be posted into the primary account owner’s membership savings account. The account must be open and in good standing at the time of payout to qualify for the credit.
- Examples of ineligible accounts may include: delinquent accounts, accounts that have caused the credit union to experience a loss, accounts in which we suspect illegal activity, fraud, scam or financial exploitation, or accounts involved in legal or administrative proceedings.
- Limit one $150 credit per account and per member. Offer subject to change without notice and cannot be combined with any other offer.
- The credit may be reported as income on IRS Form 1099-MISC.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I don’t see any early account termination fee mentioned. Last time this bonus was offered the accounts need to stay open for six months otherwise bonus was forfeited.
Not really worth considering due to the hard pull, previously we’ve seen the same bonus with no direct deposit requirement as well. Because of this we won’t add this to our best bank bonus page.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times