Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Deposit $2,500+ and maintain balance for 30 days
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: March 31, 2022
- M1 Finance is offering a $100 checking bonus when you open a new m1 spend checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Deposit $2,500 within the first 14 days
- Maintain that balance for at least 30 days
The Fine Print
- Beginning on January 17, 2022 through March 31, 2022 (the “Promotion Period”), you will be eligible to earn this twenty-five dollar ($25) promotional offer if you meet all of the following during the Promotion Period: (i) you renew your M1 Plus membership for a full calendar year; (ii) you have auto renew
- To be eligible for this Promotion, and solely during the Promotion Period, you must (1) have successfully opened an M1 Spend checking account1; AND (2) have made an aggregate deposit of at least $2,500, within the first fourteen (14) days of M1 Spend checking account open date. If you satisfy the aforementioned conditions, M1 will make a one-time deposit of one hundred dollars ($100) into the cash balance of your M1 Spend checking account (the following accounts are ineligible to receive any direct cash deposit: accounts held by M1 Finance LLC).
- You are only eligible to receive a one-time cash bonus of one hundred dollars ($100) (the “Promotional Credit”) under this Promotion. The Promotional Credit will be deposited into your M1 Spend checking account on May 13, 2022 (the “Pay-out Date”) provided that you satisfy the conditions stated herein. The Promotional Credit deposited by M1 is a fixed cash value and does not constitute stock or any other security, nor is it a recommendation to buy any specific stock or other security. You must maintain a deposited value of at least two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500) in your M1 Spend checking account for at least thirty (30) days from the date your deposited value is at least two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500). M1 reserves the right to revoke the Promotional Credit cash deposit if the total aggregate transferred deposited value is not retained in your M1 Spend checking account until the Pay-out Date.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I’m unsure if there is any EATF.
I’m a little bit confused by the terms, as it talks about a $25 promotion that requires M1 Plus to receive (M1 Plus has a $129 annual fee). That seems to be a separate offer to the $100 checking bonus though. The $100 checking bonus itself is a great offer though as the requirements are easy to meet. I assume this is a soft pull but if somebody can confirm in the comments that would be fantastic.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times