Update 3/5/22: Deal is back and valid until April 15th, 2022.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Must reside within Massachusetts
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+ within 60 days of account opening
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee:
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: April 15th, 2022
- Fidelity Bank is offering a bonus of $250 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Have direct deposits into your new account of at least $500 within 60 days of account opening
- Enroll and use both online and mobile banking
- Have 20 posted point-of-sale debit card transactions of $10 or more each month for the first two full calendar months following account opening
The Fine Print
- Open any Fidelity Bank Checking account beginning Wednesday, September 29th, 2021 to be eligible. To earn $250 bonus you must have direct deposits into your new account that total at least $500 within 60 days of account opening, enroll and use both online and mobile banking, and have at least 12 posted point-of-sale debit card transactions of $10 or more each month for the first two full calendar months following account opening.
- For example, for accounts opened in October required posted transactions to be eligible for the promotional offer will be in November and December.
- Note that transaction and posting dates can vary and some transactions may take up to three business days to post to your account.
- Direct deposit is defined as a paycheck, pension, Social Security, or other eligible monthly income electronically deposited by an employer or outside agency into your checking account.
- Transfers done via ATM, online banking, payment apps or websites (such as Venmo or Paypal), in branch, or from a bank or brokerage account are not eligible.
- The value of this bonus may constitute taxable income and will be reported on IRS Form 1099 (or other appropriate form).
- Bonus to be deposited into your account during the subsequent statement cycle after meeting the eligible criteria above. Offers valid only for new Checking accounts including SecureCare, CareFree, CareDiscover, CareMore, CompleteCare, and LifeDesign 18/65 accounts.
- All account applications are subject to approval.
- Offer is not valid for Fidelity Bank clients with an existing Fidelity Bank checking account and is limited to new checking account clients only.
- Limit one account per tax reported owner.
- Account must be open, active, and in good standing to receive the bonuses.
- Accounts closed within 6 months of receiving bonus will incur a $250 early account termination fee.
- Promotional offer subject to change or cancellation at any time.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The CareFree account is eligible and this has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
Bonus forfeit if closed within 6 months of account opening
Better than the $100/$200 bonus that was previously offered as the $200 was only for specific employees. This new bonus is definitely worth doing and we will add this to our list of the best checking account bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Peek
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times