Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: MA & NH
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $1,000+ per month for three months
- Additional requirements: Enroll in online banking
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $10, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Stoneham Bank is offering a bonus of $250 when you open a new Optimum Plus or Optimum One checking account and complete the following months within each of the first full three calendar months:
- Receive a monthly direct deposit(s) totaling $1,000 or more
- Enroll in Online Banking
The Fine Print
- Earn a $250 bonus when you open a new Optimum Plus or Optimum One Checking account with a $10 minimum opening deposit balance and complete the following requirements within each of the first full three calendar months following the date the new account is funded: (1) Receive a monthly direct deposit(s) totaling $1,000 or more and; (2) Enroll in Online Banking.
- For example, a qualifying account type opened and funded during the month of September must complete the requirements in the months October, November and December in order to qualify for the bonus.
- Examples of qualifying direct deposits are electronic deposits of your paycheck, pension or government benefits from your employer or the government.
- You must not currently have a StonehamBank personal checking account or have had one in the last 24 months.
- A $250 bonus will be deposited into your new account within 30 days of completing requirements if qualification conditions are met, and the account remains in good standing.
- The primary account holder is solely responsible for any federal, state and local taxes, and must provide StonehamBank with a valid social security number or taxpayer identification number before the bonus will be provided.
- A form 1099-MISC will be issued to the primary account holder. This offer may be withdrawn at any time.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Optium One is the easiest of the two accounts to keep fee free. It has a $10 monthly fee, this is waived if you do any of the following: Maintain a monthly direct deposit of $500 or; Maintain an average daily balance of $1500 or; Use your debit card 5 times per month for point of sale transactions.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find any early account termination fee though in their fee schedule.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times