Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Must reside in a town with a Middlesex Savings Bank office or in a town contiguous to a town with a Middlesex savings Bank Office (all branches are located in Massachusetts)
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Use promo code & complete 8 debit cards
- Hard/soft pull: Soft (note we only have one data point from back in 2006 and it was a soft pull for opening a CD)
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: December 31, 2021
- Middlesex Savings Bank is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new freedom checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code Cash200
- Complete at least 8 debit card transactions within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Middlesex Savings Bank will pay a $200 incentive to a customer for opening a new Freedom Checking account between 7/1/2021 and 12/31/2021. To be eligible, the individual must not have held a personal checking account at Middlesex Savings Bank within the 90 days prior to opening the new checking account regardless of whether an account was previously held individually or joint with others.
- Mention or enter offer and promo code listed at time of account opening. Promo code: Cash200.
- To qualify, the debit card(s) associated with the account must be used at least eight (8) times within the first sixty (60) days of account opening.
- Transactions must post and clear within the 60-day timeframe to be counted.
- Following verification of debit card usage for qualifying accounts, a $200 check will be mailed to the primary accountholder to the address provided at account opening within 90 days of account opening.
- Void where prohibited.
- All accounts are subject to standard account opening processes and standards, and such standards must be met for offer to be paid.
- Offer expires 12/31/2021, however, Middlesex Savings Bank reserves the right to revoke this offer at any time. Limit one offer per checking account.
- Limit one offer per person.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Freedom Blue has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find any mention of this fee in the fee schedule.
Assuming that this is a soft pull still, seems like a great bonus. Much better than the $100 checking bonus as it’s an extra $100 plus no direct deposit required. Definitely worth doing as there is no monthly fee to worry about either. Adding to our best bank account bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times