Update 2/7/21: Deal has been extended until 2/28/21.
- Mastercard has a new promotion where you can get up to $100 on purchases made in NYC.
- Use your Mastercard for $10 back on every $20 spent on experiences
- $25 back on every $100 spent on hotels
The Fine Print
- Starting on September 10, 2020 through December 31, 2020 or while supplies last, spend $20 or more in a single transaction on your registered Mastercard® credit or debit card at participating restaurants, tours, retailers, attractions, museums, cultural institutions, sports and wellness facilities and others and receive a $10 statement credit, or spend $100 or more in a single transaction on your registered Mastercard credit or debit card at participating hotels and receive a $25 statement credit on your registered Mastercard account (within approximately 5 business days of the date of qualifying purchase). Exceptions may apply.
- Cardholders may receive up to $100 total in statement credits for the duration of the promotion. Registration of your Mastercard at https://www.mcallinnyc.com/ prior to paying for an eligible purchase with your Mastercard at a participating merchant is mandatory in order to receive any statement credit.
- Cardholders’ accounts must be open and in good standing at the time of purchase and statement credit. The statement credit will be awarded to the primary account holder (as determined by the Mastercard account records) name on the account accessed by the Mastercard used to make the qualifying purchase.
- Purchases from the same account but different cards cannot be combined.
- This offer is available for purchases made using a valid Mastercard issued by financial institutions in the USA.
- For transactions on Debit cards to be eligible these must be processed as signature and not PIN transactions.
- The statement credit cannot be returned or exchanged for cash and is non-transferable.
- Missing statement credits or customer service issues must be communicated to NYC & Company at 212-484-1200 within 30 days of the transaction date and no credits will be applied after 40 days of the end of the promotion.
- Offer is for a limited time only and subject to availability.
- Not all online transactions may be eligible for this promotion; please review the applicable terms & conditions for the individual enrolled businesses to be found on https://www.nycgo.com/ng. Any transactions made within a hotel property may be regarded as a hotel transaction and may be subject to the $100 transaction minimum to be eligible for a statement credit. Statement credit availability determined at time of transaction and not at point of reservation being made.
- For hotel stays, it is possible that statement credit supply may expire between the time your reservation is made and the time it is paid for, usually on the checkout day of your stay.
- Transactions must be made directly with the merchant in order to qualify for the statement credit, third party transactions will not be eligible unless specifically indicated. The promotion may end prior to December 31, 2020.
- Promotion is open to US cardholders only.
- Some cards may be ineligible to register. Some restrictions apply.
- Unless otherwise indicated, offer is only available at participating merchants via direct, in-store purchases. Online transactions will not be eligible unless made at participating merchants specifically stated on the merchant listing on nycgo.com. For full program terms, please visit https://www.nycgo.com/ng-terms .
You can view eligible events/places here. Can’t imagine many people are traveling to NYC at the moment, but should be a useful deal for locals.
Hat tip to DDG