Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must work for an employer group or be a member of of organizations in our field of membership. Branches are all in MD
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $500 with a credit cards
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee:
- Household limit: One (not enforced, might require a different promo code)
- Expiration date:
December 31, 2020June 30, 2021
- Tower Federal Credit Union is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code 100GPS21
The Fine Print
- §$100 deposit offer ends 12/31/2020 and may be withdrawn at any time.
- Member must enter promotion code when applying online or provide promotion code to Member Service Representative at Tower branch.
- $100 deposit will be deposited in a qualified Prime Share account within 6-8 weeks from account opening.
- The minimum balance to open and maintain a Prime Share account is $5.
- Annual Percentage Yield is 0.08% and subject to change. Rates effective: 9/16/2020.
- $100 bonus is subject to taxation.
- New member accounts only.
- Current Tower members, employees and their family members are not eligible for the $100 bonus.
- Tower’s field of membership eligibility requirements must be met to qualify.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They offer a free checking account with no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so unsure if there is an early account termination fee or not.
Looks to be a great bonus, especially if there is a decent amount of credit card funding. Will add this to our list of the best bank account bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times