Update 2/1/21: Deal is back, but only valid in Germantown, MD, Tysons, VA, Asheville, NC and Greensboro, and NC (DOWNTOWN). Valid until February 27, 2021
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $600
- Availability: Offer available in the following states: PA, OH, MD, WV, NC, SC, DC
- Direct deposit required: Yes, total of $2,500+ within 90 days
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $50, all payment networks are accepted.
- Monthly fees: None with eStatements
- Early account termination fee: 180 days, $50
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date:
November 14, 2020February 27, 2021.
- First National Bank is offering a bonus of up to $400 when you open a new checking account. Use promo code DG6000121. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- Earn $400 when you make direct deposits totaling $2,500 or more
- Earn $200 when you make 15 customer initiated debit transactions must be made from your new personal checking account within the first 90 days after account opening; debit transactions could include POS, PIN, ATM withdrawals, transfers to other accounts, mobile banking, online bill pay, wire transfers, personal checks, and Zelle.
The Fine Print
- Offer does not apply to multiple checking accounts.
- Existing FNB checking accounts or accounts converting to another personal checking account are NOT eligible for this offer.
- You can receive only one new checking account reward related offer per household per calendar year; bank employees and members of their household are not eligible for this promotion.
- FNB may offer multiple promotions to its customers at one time.
- Even if you met the requirements for multiple promotional offers you are only eligible for and will receive one promotional reward offer.
- Checking accounts closed by customer within 180 days of opening are subject to a $50 account early closing fee.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The easiest account to keep fee free is Freestyle checking, there is no monthly fee as long as you have eStatements enabled.
Early Account Termination Fee
$50 fee if closed within 180 days of account opening
This is obviously better than the $400 we just posted about. According to those comments it seems like this is ChexSystems sensitive so keep that in mind. Don’t think they’ll match to this bonus unfortunately. Still a great bonus if you get approved and will be adding this to our list of the best bank bonuses.
Hat tip to the other Justin
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times
- Update 10/7/20: Terms now state Offer available in the following geographical locations: MD, DC, and Cuyahoga County in OH. $400 offer is still available in more areas. Hat tip to reader Gadget