Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: must have a Maine or New Hampshire address
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $500, Visa or Mastercard only
- Monthly fees: None – $20, all avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $25, six months
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: October 22, 2021
- Camden National Bank is offering a bonus of up to $300. The bonus you receive depends on the account you open, all accounts require a monthly direct deposit of $500+.
- Open access/choice checking account and get a $100 bonus
- Open rewards checking account and get a $200 bonus
- Open Premier checking account and get a $300 bonus
The Fine Print
- To be eligible for account bonus you must open either an Access, Choice, Rewards, or Premier checking account between August 16 and October 22, 2021.
- You must be an individual of at least 18 years of age.
- The primary owner of the account must have a Maine or New Hampshire address.
- You may not be or have been an owner of a Camden National Bank consumer checking account during the last twelve (12) months prior to opening this account.
- If have direct deposits totaling $500 or more of your payroll, pension or government benefits, such as Social Security, that post to your account within 60 calendar days of opening the account, a $100, $200 or $300 bonus will be direct deposited to your account within 90 calendar days of the qualifying deposit.
- Account bonuses are reported to the IRS as interest income. Account must be open, active and not overdrawn at the time the bonus is made.
- Overdrawn includes any utilization of any Progressive Pay amount that may be available to you.
- One bonus payment per account or individual.
- This cannot be combined with any other offer. Employees of Camden National Bank or its affiliates are excluded from this offer.
- Contact the bank for further details.
- Limited-time offer, subject to change.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Access checking ($100 bonus)
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Rewards checking ($200 bonus)
This account has a $5 monthly fee, this is waived with a $500 minimum average daily balance
Premier checking ($300 bonus)
This account has a $20 monthly fee, this is waived if you do either of the following:
- Keep a minimum average daily balance of $2,500 or more in your account
- keep a balance of $25,000 in total deposit balances
Early Account Termination Fee
There is an early account termination fee of $25 if you close the account within 6 months of account opening.
Relatively easy to keep the the $300 account fee free, so might as well go for that bonus and account if you have a spare $2,500. Better than the previous $150 bonus offered from Camden national bank. Definitely worth doing if you live in an eligible area, we will add this to our list of the best checking bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times