Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: ME, VT & NH
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Deposit $2,500 by October 31, 2021
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $10 if closed within one year
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: August 31, 2021
- Bar Harbor Bank & Trust is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new business checking account and make deposits totaling $2,500 or more into the account by October 31, 2021
The Fine Print
- Offer cannot be transferred.
- Only one offer per business.
- Cannot be combined with other cash bonus offers.
- In order to be eligible to receive $300 you must present this flyer at account opening. Open a new Bar Harbor Bank & Trust Easy Business Checking, Relationship Business Checking, Nonprofit Checking, or Commercial Checking account at a Bar Harbor Bank & Trust branch by 8/31/21.
- All business checking accounts require a $100 minimum deposit to open.
- To be considered a new business checking account, the business cannot have any existing business checking accounts or have had any business checking accounts that were closed after 1/1/20.
- Once the qualifying account is opened, make deposits totaling $2,500 by 10/31/21 to get the bonus. Eligible deposits include check, cash, or electronic deposits made into the checking account.
- Transfers from an existing Bar Harbor Bank & Trust checking account are not considered eligible deposits for this promotion.
- See Account Agreement and Disclosure for business checking account information and interest details.
- Fees could reduce earnings.
- Bonuses will be credited to eligible accounts on or about 11/15/21, accounts need to be open and in good standing on that date in order to receive the bonus.
- The bonus is considered interest and will be reported to the IRS on form 1099-MISC.
- Customers are only eligible to receive the bonus once.
- Offer is available to current, former, and new Bar Harbor Bank & Trust customers. Employees of Bar Harbor Bank & Trust not eligible. Member FDIC.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Easy Business Checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is a $10 fee if closed within one year according to the fee schedule.
Terms state you need to bring in the flyer, but in practice that isn’t enforced. Seems it might be possible to open via the phone as well. Overall bonus seems fantastic and very easy to earn. This will be added to the best bank account bonuses.
Hat tip to Chase-ing UR points
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times