Update 4/17/22: Deal is back July 15, 2022. Now $200 instead of $250 unfortunately. Hat tip to reader AllenW
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200 + $50 referral
- Availability: MI only
- Direct deposit required: Yes
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown, sensitive
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,000
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $10, 60 days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
December 31, 2021July 15, 2022
- Independent Bank is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new checking account. Requirements are as follows:
- Complete 20 debit card transactions within 60 day period
- Complete 4 direct deposits of $100 or more within 60 day period
- You can also get $50 for each friend or family member you refer
The Fine Print
- Offer valid for new checking account customers only.
- May not be combined with other offers.
- Subject to 1099-INT reporting.
- Offer paid out within 60 calendar days of qualification.
- Expires December 31, 2021.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There is no monthly fee as long as you’re enrolled in eStatements
Early Account Termination Fee
$10 if closed within 60 calendar days.
Not sure if you get the $250 bonus when you use a referral or not, I assume you do. If anybody has an account feel free to share your referral and let us know in the comments below if it’s a hard or soft pull.
Hat tip to reader allenw
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times