Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Persons who reside, are employed, worship or attend an educational institution in any county within the State of Michigan
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $100+ within 60 days of account opening
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown (possibly hard, see comments). Report of soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding:Up to $500
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: August 31, 2021
- Michigan Schools & Government Credit Union is offering a bonus of up to $200 when you open a new checking account. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- Earn $100: Set up your direct deposit of $100+ to your new checking within 60 days of account opening.
- Earn $100: Complete 10 debit card transactions of $5+ within 60 days of account opening.
The Fine Print
- Available for regular and fresh start checking accounts opened before 8/31/2021; limited to one incentive per member.
- An incentive of up to $200 will be paid when the member completes the following: qualify for and open a checking account and ATM/debit card; make an initial deposit of $25 or more in the account; within 60 days, enroll in and receive one direct deposit (minimum $100) to the new account (earn $100), and/or conduct 10 PIN or signature debit card transactions (Does not include ATM) of $5 or more (earn $100).
- Members must not currently have a checking account or have closed a regular checking account as of 4/1/2021 or later.
- Bonus will be paid 61 days after account opening date.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find any early account termination fee in the fee schedule.
Hat tip to Linamax
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times