Update 6/9/22: Deal is back. Hat tip to alopez14
Update 10/2/21: Deal is back again. Hat tip to Ben
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must live or work in Michigan[Branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
July 31st, 2020 August 31st, 2020 September 30, 2020November 30, 2020
- OUR Credit Union is offering a bonus of up to $100 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Deposit at least $100
- Set up a debit card and complete at least one transaction per month over first 60 days
- Set up eStatements
- Receive a recurring a direct deposit totaling $500 or more
The Fine Print
- Matching deposit up to $100 for new Premium Checking Account.
- Account requirements: Debit Card (at least one transaction per month over first 60 days), eStatements and recurring Direct Deposit totaling $500 or more.
- This offer does not apply if you have an existing OUR Credit Union checking account or have closed an account within the previous 12 months.
- Opening deposit match (up to $100) will take place approximately 60 days from opening date.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- Offer expires July 31, 2020.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The basic checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee on the checking account. But if you close the prime share savings (usually required to become a member) then there is a $5 fee according if you do so within six month to the fee schedule.
They have offered a bonus of up to $300 in the past. Given this is a hard pull and a much bigger bonus has been offered in the past we won’t be adding this to our list of the best checking account bonuses.
Hat tip to reader EW
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times