Update 1/30/21: You can now get up to eight stocks:
- When you open an account and your net deposit reaches $100, you will get 2 free stocks up to $200.
- When your net deposit reaches $1500, you will get 2 extra free stocks up to $1000!
- When your net deposit reaches $5000, you will get 4 extra free stocks up to $1000!
Update 3/4/2020: You can now get up to three freebies:
- Sign up for a new account and get a stock worth $4 – $200
- Make your first deposit of $500+ and get another stock worth $10 to $1,000
- Transfer $3,000+ worth of stocks to Moomoo before March 10th and get a free stock card worth $100
Hat tip to DDG
Update 11/6/19: Deposit bonus is back, you get another free stock when you deposit $100+ and keep it for 30 days. Valid until 12/9/19. Hat tip to reader Brian C
Update 8/26/19: Deposit bonus no longer being offered
[Update 7/18/19: They now are offering (YMMV?) to get another free stock when you invest $100 and keep it there for 30 days. You can access this in the moomoo app by going to the ‘Me’ tab, then ‘Deposit Bonus’. (ht Ryan Goldstein)
- Moomoo is a new app that lets you trade U.S. Stocks, ETFs, ADRs, and Options with no commission fee. When you sign up for a Futu trading account in app you’ll also get a free stock worth $3-$200, you can also refer friends and you’ll both receive a stock worth $3-$200 when they sign up for an account.
This does have SIPC insurance. Personally I don’t think it’s worth giving all these apps personal information like this for what will likely be $3 but others might disagree. Feel free to share your referrals in the comments below, but only leave your link once.
Hat tip to Maximizing Money