Swagbucks/MyPoints have moneymaking offers for making charity donations:
- Sierra Club: Make a donation of $15 or more to Sierra Club and earn 10,000 Points ($63). Must remain a member for 35 days to receive Points.
- Looks like you’ll need to end up making two donations of $15 in order to get the points. So you’ll end up at $30 cost and getting 10,000 for first donation + 800 points for second donation. 10,800 is worth around $68.
- Similar offer available on Swagbucks as well for 6,000SB + 500SB ($65).
- ASPCA: Earn 10,000 Points when you make a minimum monthly donation of $19 to the ASPCA.
- Looks like a single $19 donation would still get you the 10,000 points ($63), though the points will pend for 32 days so there is some risk in canceling before the second charge.
- This one is showing just 3,000SB ($30) on Swagbucks, so not a moneymaker.
Important note: Sierra Club donations are apparently not tax deductible whereas ASPCA donations are tax deductible. As always consult a tax advisor for the ability to use the deduction in this situation.
I stopped posting charity deals since some people aren’t comfortable with moneymakers from charities and since they typically spam a lot of mailers to their donors. Someone sent these in and I decided to post these as they are nice deals and given the ASPCA looks to be tax deductible and would then work well with the $300 above-line charity tax deduction for 2021. As always, do what you’re comfortable with or donate more to ensure the charity does not lose.