Update 7/25/21: Bonus increased to $250. Hat tip to ShawntheShawn
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: North Carolina
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500 combined each month
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull according to CSR, soft pull acccording to readers
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $500
- Monthly fees: $3-$20
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: 9/30/2021
- Open a new First Flight Credit Union checking account and receive a bonus of $200 when you do the following:
- Receive a recurring qualifying direct deposit within 60 days of account opening (minimum of $500 combined each month)
The Fine Print
- Membership eligibility may be required.
- Offer applies to new checking accountholders only.
- In order to receive $200, a qualifying direct deposit must be credited to the checking account within 60 days from account opening.
- Bonus will be deposited into member’s checking account on the first business day following the month the requirements are met.
- A qualified direct deposit must be reoccurring from an employer, pension payment, Social Security payment or other government benefit to be deposited electronically each month totaling a combined total of $500 or more to the checking account.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
I wasn’t able to find the fee schedule.
Basic Checking $3 Monthly Fee
Waived with either of the following:
- Direct deposit
Prestige Checking $20 Monthly Fee
Waived with combined share balances of $5,000+
Bit annoying that a direct deposit or $5,000 is required to keep the account fee free, probably not worth it to be honest. If anybody does sign up though then please share your experiences in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Update 4/18/20: Bonus has been increased from $100 to $200.