Update: As of 3/1/22 the account will earn 10¢ per debit, up to $25 per month, and requires $250+ a month of debit card spending. Instead of the $5 bonus. Hat tip to reader Gadget.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $5 per month
- Availability: NC, SC, TN, VA
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: 10 signature debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $10, waivable
- Early account termination fee: Unknown, but might as well keep account opening
- Expiration date: None listed
- Receive a $5 bonus every month when you open a HomeTrust Bank Everywhere Connect checking account and complete the following requirements:
- 10 or more signature debit card transactions per monthly statement cycle
The Fine Print
- A $5 cash reward will be credited to your account on the last day of each monthly statement cycle in which 10 or more signature debit card transaction have posted and settled. Maximum of $60 cash rewards per calendar year. No minimum balance to earn monthly $5 cash reward; however, a $50 minimum opening balance is required. Monthly $5 reward program may be discontinued at any time without notice. Payments subject to IRS tax reporting requirements
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
$10 Monthly Service Charge
This account has a $10 monthly fee, that’s waived if you complete with five debit card transactions or one recurring Direct Deposit.
$5 bonus per month is too poor for my tastes, at $10 it would be an OK deal and $20 it would be fantastic but you’d need them to keep this bonus going for at least two years to get a measly $120 in bonuses. There are much better bank bonuses out there that I’d recommend before this one. Maybe if they allowed decent credit card funding this would be worth it, otherwise pass.
If you have any experience with this bank, then please share in the comments.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank