Update 7/10/21: Extended until 9/30/21
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: NE, KS
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $2,500+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $500 across checking & savings
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $25, 180 days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
September 30th, 2020December 31, 2020
- Union Bank & Trust is offering a bonus of up to $200. Earn a bonus of $150 when you open a new Bonus Checking or Journey Checking and make $2,500 in direct deposits within 60 days. Earn a $50 bonus when you open a new Union Savings account and maintain a $2,500 balance for 90 calendar days from account opening
The Fine Print
- Checking offer not valid for primary accountholder on existing UBT personal checking account(s).
- Savings offer not valid for primary accountholder on existing Union Savings or MyStyle Savings account(s).
- Offer not valid if existing checking or savings accounts closed 120 days prior to 06/01/2020.
- Receive $50 when you open a Simply Free Checking account and have $500 in electronic direct deposits posted within 90 calendar days of account opening.
- Receive $150 when you open an interest-earning checking account (Bonus, Journey, Premier, or Premium Interest Advantage) and have $2,500 in electronic direct deposits posted within 90 calendar days of account opening.
- Receive $50 when you open a Union Savings account and maintain a $2,500 balance for 90 calendar days from account opening.
- Bonus is credited to your active account within 100 days of account opening if you meet requirements.
- $50 opening deposit required on Checking accounts (Bonus Checking requires $1,000 opening deposit).
- Union Savings requires $2,500 opening deposit in new money.
- Promotion offers limited to one new checking account and one new savings account per person and cannot be combined with other offers.
- Journey Checking accounts are designed for people age 50 and over.
- Premier Checking limited to Private Banking clients.
- Premium Interest Advantage is limited to residents of Douglas, Sarpy, and Washington counties in Nebraska.
- Promotions available 06/01/2020 to 09/30/2020.
Bonus checking and savings account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
According to the fee schedule you’ll be charged an early account termination fee of $25 if the account is closed within 180 days of opening.
Checking bonus isn’t new, but the $50 savings bonus is. Relatively easy to meet the requirements for this bonus so it’s worth doing. Will add this to our best account bank bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times
- Update 10/11/20: Extended until December 31, 2020.