Update 1/1/2021: New boosts (ht reader Kris):
5% bitcoin, three times
15% door dash
10% grocery store
20% shake shack
5% off Sam’s online
10% taco bell
10% chick fil a
10% playstation network
Update 12/18/20: New boost – Cash App: Get 10% Back On Your Purchases In Bitcoin, Up To $22.50 Back Maximum
Update 12/16/20: New boost – Cash App: Get 5% Back On Your Purchases In Bitcoin, Up To $22.50 Back Maximum
Update 12/8/20: New boost – Cash App: Get Up To $50 Bonus When You Make Direct Deposit [Targeted Boost]
Update 12/3/20: Sam’s Club added. 5% off one online purchase. $20 max discount. Expires in 8 days.
Update 11/25/20: New boosts added (ht SK and Kris):
- Nike 10%
Best Buy 10%
Bath & Body works 10%
The Home Depot 10%
Update 11/13/20: New boosts added
Update 11/7/20: New boosts added.
Update 10/31/20: Get 99% back on Instacart Express monthly membership fee of $9.99. Some offers are for one use and others are for two uses (valid for 8 weeks, once per month). Thanks to all those who sent this in.
Update 10/24/20: For travel 25% back deal, loading Lyft credit works. Hat tip to rtrandom
Update 10/23/20: new boosts added, including 20% back at USPS and 25% back on travel (max $10 discount)
Update 10/9/20: new boosts added.
Update 10/6/20: USPS 20% back has been added. Doesn’t work on money orders. Maximum discount of $7.5, can be used every three hours.
Update 10/2/20: New boosts added
Update 9/19/20: Another round of boosts added.
Update 9/12/20: Check your accounts again, many people reporting receiving $10 off $10+. Valid for 18 days. Hat tip to reader Hari.
Update 9/11/20: new boosts added, valid through September 18. Popular boosts such as the grocery deal are back.
Update 9/4/20: new boosts added, valid through September 11. Popular boosts such as the grocery deal are back.
Update 9/1/20: More boosts added.
Update 8/28/20: More boosts added, including some good ones such as 10% off grocery and $5 off $5+.
Update 8/25/20: 50% back at McDonald’s added (maximum discount of $10, minimum payment of $1). Can be used once every six hours.
Update 8/21/20: More boosts added
Update 7/31/20: Some new boosts added:
- DoorDash: 15% off
- Restaurant: 15% off
- $5 off $5+ one purchase
- Grocery: 10% off one purchase
- Taco Bell – 15% off each purchase
- Domino’s – 15% off each purchase
- Chick-fil-A – 15% off each purchase
- Lyft – 20% off one purchase
- Walgreens – 15% off one purchase
- Playstation Network – 10% off each purchase
- Xbox – 10% off each purchase
- McDonald’s – 15% off each purchase
- Walmart – 10% off one purchase (requires 5 purchases to unlock)
- Subway – 10% off each order
- Chipotle – 10% off each purchase
- Whataburger – 10% off each purchase
- Dollar General – 10% off one purchase
- Starbucks – $1 off one purchase
Hat tip to reader Ben Y
Update 7/19/20: Grocery store showing again.
Update 6/27/20: Walgreens should be showing again after disappearing for a few weeks. Hat tip to ieatdogfood
Update 6/20/20: Some people are seeing 10% back at Amazon ($7.50 limit).
Update 5/18/20: Looks like this isn’t new.
Looks like you can change your boost instantly now rather than once every 24 hours. After using a boost it’ll disappear and then be available the following week.
Update 4/3/20: Grocery, Walgreens, Amazon, and Taco Bell all added again.
Update 3/18/20: New boosts added:
- 15% door dash
- 10% grocery store
- 10% dollar general
- 10% Walgreens
- 10% domino’s
- 10% Xbox
- 10% psn
Hat tip to kcihtred2
Update 3/13/20: New boosts added:
- Get $5 off Lyft after making 5 transactions (must use $5.01 Or more to redeem)
- Get 10% off one visit at Walmart after making 10 transactions ($7.50 max cash back)
Update 3/9/20: New boost added, 20% off at Walmart, max $10 back.
Update 3/4/20: New boost added: 20% off at Walgreen’s, max $10 back. Easy to use on a $50 Amazon gift card. (ht The-y-factor)
Update 1/16/20: New boosts: 10% off Chipotle, 10% off DoorDash, 10% off Whole Foods, 10% off Nike, 10% off Cinemark, 10% off Petsmart, 10% off Burger King, 5% off CVS, $1 off Any Coffee Shop (ht SD)
Update 1/11/2020: More new options, Whole foods 10%, burger King 10%, petco 10%, AMC 10%, cinemark 10%, Popeyes 10% (ht kcihtred2)
Update 1/6/20: New offers: Home depot 5%, Taco Bell 10%, cfa 10%, Best Buy 5%. (ht kcihtred2)
Update 12/12/19: New offer for 20% back on Expedia, max $20. Expires at around 10 am ET on 12/13/19.
Update 11/29/19: New boosts added for Black Friday
- Best Buy 10% back, max $7.50
- H&M 10% back, max $7.50
Update 10/27/19: New boosts added.
Update 10/1/19: New boosts added, such as:
- AMC: $3 off each visit ($5 minimum spend)
- MTA: $1 off each purchase ($1.5 minimum spend)
Add any others you see in the comments.
Update 9/6/19: Looks like Target 5% off each visit has changed to Target $1 off $1.50. Must wait 1 hour in between redemption.
Update 8/14/19: Looks like the coffee shop visit is locked for some people and they have to make 5 debit card purchases to unlock it. Hat tip to reader Jon S. Some new boosts as well:
- Safeway: 5% off each visit. Max discount $7.50
- Target: 5% off each visit. Max discount $7.50
- Burger King: $1 off, $1.5 minimum spend
- Airbnb: 5% off ($20 max)
- Jamba Juice: 10% off
- Panda Express: 10% off
8/9/19: New boosts added, 5% at CVS with a $7.50 max and 10% at Dollar Tree with a $7.5 max. (ht Michael)
7/12/19: New boosts added, $3 off AMC and 10% off Dairy Queen ($7.50 maximum discount). Hat tip to DDG
Update 6/7/19: New boost has been added: 15% on Doordash (ht reader A.) Seems that some people are getting different amounts, like 10% back or 20% back.
Update 3/14/19: New boosts have been added including:
- Trader Joe’s 10% back
- Del Taco
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Kroger: 10% back ($7.5 max)
- Five Guys: 10% back ($7.5 max)
- Dominos: $2 off ($3 minimum spend)
Keep in mind it seems like these deals are localized, so you won’t necessarily see the same offers.
Update 8/31/18: Reader Max tells us they’ve updated the list, including bumping Whole Foods from 5% to 10% and more additions and changes.
- The Square Cash Debit Card is now offering all customers something called ‘Cash Boost’. Basically you choose one place or category to earn cash back in. Some examples:
- $1 off at coffee shops ($1.5 minimum spend)
- $1 off at Subway ($1.5 minimum spend)
- 5% off at Whole Foods
- 10% off at Chick-fil-A
- 15% off at Chipotle
- 10% off at Panera
- 15% off at Shake Shack
- You can change your boost once every 24 hours and you can use it once every 2 hours
They tested a similar feature on a small subset of users, offering $1.5 back at coffee shops. $1 back at coffee shops is still great though, especially since those transactions are usually small and frequent (e.g daily cup) rather than one large purchase less often. Quite sad that this debit card has a better rewards program than the Chase Starbucks card. You should also still be able to get a $10 bonus for sending money via Square cash the first time.