- Signup for the Chase Sapphire Preferred and get 60,000 points after $4,000 in spend within the first three months. Plus, get earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year from account opening.
- $95 annual fee (not waived first year)
- No foreign transaction fees
- Primary car rental insurance
- This card earns at the following rates:
- 2x points per $1 spent on travel and dining at restaurants
- 1x points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Transferable points
- Redeem points on Chase’s travel portal at a value of 1.25¢ due to the 25% travel redemption bonus
- Not eligible if you’ve received a sign up bonus on the Sapphire Preferred/Reserve in the last 48 months (standard is now 48 months)
- Chase 5/24 rule applies to this card
The standard bonus has been 60,000 for a while, and this offer throws in an extra $50 credit which is nice. I’m not sure I’d do this offer given that we had a better 80,000 points offer that ended just a few months ago, and maybe something similar will come back. But if you are signing up be sure you use the offer page which has the $50 addition; it’s not showing on all pages.
Let us know if you see the $50 bonus on Chase referral links. Also see these 26 Things Everybody Should Know About Chase Credit Cards before applying.