Update 11/2/20: Effective December 1 you need a minimum of $1,000 in addition to the current requirements to keep account fee free. Hat tip to reader Mali.
Update 10/1/20: Can be opened online again.
Update 8/6/20: Deal is back for the YourStyle account, must be opened in branch. Can also open the YourStyle Plus account for $350. Hat tip to reader Ben
Update 8/2/20: It looks like the new eAccess account is actually from the Investors Bank online division and is open to those outside of NJ & NY (in fact those residents might not be eligible to apply). Hat tip to reader Gadget
Update 7/22/20: There is a new link that requires an eAccess account. This can also be opened online (previously in branch only). Hat tip to reader JohnP
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250, $25 per month or $350, $35 per month
- Availability: In branch only [Branch locator]. All branches are in NJ & NY
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: 10 debit card purchases or direct deposit of $500 each month
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown. Not sensitive
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $10, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None, After 12 months of inactivity, a $5 monthly fee is charged.
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date:
May 31st, 2018 August 31st, 2018 September 30th, 2018 March 31st, 2019 June 30th, 2019 September 1, 2019None listed
- Investors Bank is offering a bonus of up to $250 when you open a new YourStyle checking account. You receive $25 per month for 10 months, you must complete the following requirements each month:
- Receive a direct deposit of $500 OR more during your statement cycle or complete 10 point of sale transactions due your statement cycle OR You make Mobile Check Deposit(s) totaling $500 or more during your monthly account cycle
- Investors Bank is offering a bonus of up to $350 when you open a new YourStyle Plus checking account. You receive $25 per month for 10 months, you must complete the following requirements each month:
- Receive a direct deposit of $1,000 OR more during your statement cycle or complete 15 point of sale transactions due your statement cycle
- Account also comes with cell phone insurance and identity theft protection
The Fine Print
- New Money is defined as money not on deposit at Investors Bank after 9/1/2017
- Open a new YourStyle® Checking Account before 9/30/2018
- Offer not available to any account owner with an existing personal checking account.
- Bonus is up to $250, $25 per month for 10 months.
- Reward payments will cease at the earlier of reaching $250 total or 11 consecutive cycles from the date you opened your account.
- To be eligible to receive monthly bonus you must satisfy the following transaction activity requirements: have an ACH deposit to your account of $500 or more during your statement cycle; OR, complete 10 Point-of-Sale (POS) transactions during your statement cycle, using your YourStyle® Visa Debit Card linked to your account.
- The bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT. Consult your Tax Advisor.
Effective December 1, 2020, in addition to the required account usage to avoid the monthly maintenance fee, a minimum account balance of $1,000.00 is required during the monthly statement cycle.
This has a $10 monthly fee, but it can be waived if you do any of the following:
- Receive a direct deposit of $500 or more each statement cycle
- Maintain a monthly average balance of at least $1,000
- Make at least 10 point-of-sale transactions with your Visa® Debit Card
- make Mobile Check Deposit(s) totaling $500 or more per monthly statement cycle
Given that the direct deposit or debit card transactions are required for the bonus this shouldn’t be an issue for most people.
This account has a $20 monthly fee. This is waived when you maintain $20,000 average Monthly Balance with YourStyle Plus Checking and a YourStyle® Plus Money Market account or High Yield Savings account AND you have a Direct Deposit(s)totaling $1,000 or more during your statement cycle OR, you have Mobile Check Deposit(s) totaling $1,000 or more during your statement cycle OR, complete at least 15 Point-of-Sale (POS) transactions during your statement cycle OR eligible Investors Financial customer. First Month after account opening the Service Fee is Waived.
Early Account Termination Fee
I was unable to find any fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
Really hate bank bonuses that are spread over multiple months like this. The upside is that you can do it without a direct deposit, but 10 point of sale transactions monthly is still a real pain. I guess self check out one item at a time is an option, but still annoying. I’ll be adding this to our best checking bonus list but lower than it normally would be due to the 10 month requirements.
Big thanks to reader, Ilya Uts who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times
- Update 9/2/19: Looks like the bonus has been extended, but there is now no end date listed.
- Update 8/25/19: Deal has been extended through September 1, 2019.
- Update 4/5/19: Deal is back and extended until June 30th, 2019.
- Update 12/14/18: Deal is back and valid until 3/31/19. Hat tip to IS250
- Deal is back, but it’s no longer being advertised online. Hat tip to reader Mark.