Update 2/19/22: Deal is back. Hat tip to Jason J
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: NV only, open to anyone living or working in any of Nevada’s 17 counties, and members of their immediate family [Branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: None listed
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $5,000 (unknown if possible in branch. I assume no)
- Monthly fees: $4-$15, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None mentioned
- Expiration date:
April 30th, 2019None listed
- Greater Nevada Credit Union is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Receive at least one direct deposit within 90 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- The following conditions apply to Greater Perks benefits: Membership/ownership with Greater Nevada Credit Union (GNCU) is open to anyone living or working in any of Nevada’s 17 counties, and members of their immediate family.
- Offers may not be combined with any other special offers or promotions.
- To qualify for the $100 bonus deposit for new checking accounts, all accounts must be in good standing and one direct deposit must post and clear within 90 days of opening an account.
- Bonus will be credited to your checking account within 30 days after the initial 90-day period has passed and all qualifications have been met.
- Free Student Checking accounts are not eligible for bonus.
- One direct deposit requirement is waived only for students of the University of Nevada, Reno; Western Nevada College; and Great Basin College.
- To qualify for the $25 bonus deposit for new I Can Save accounts, all accounts must be in good standing and the bonus will be deposited into the member’s Regular Share Savings account within 30 days of opening an account.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They offer an Aspire checking account with a $15 monthly avoidable fee, but it also offers 4% APY on balances up to $50,000. They also offer a connect checking account, this has a $4 monthly fee that is waived with 6 debit card purchases or if you’re 65+ years of age.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
A lot of people will already have the Aspire checking account, so I assume that will make them ineligible. Even if you don’t it might make sense to just open that account online without the bonus so you can do the credit card funding. Because of that, unless you can fund with a credit card in branch and it’s a purchase I won’t be adding this to our list of the best checking bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times