Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $350
- Availability: You must reside in a New England State or New York to open an account with GSB [NY, CT, VT, RI, MA, ME, NH]
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $25, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: March 31, 2021
- Guilford Savings Bank is offering a bonus of $350 when you open a new Prime Access checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code Access350
- Meet requirements to keep account fee free for 180 days:
- Have a $2,500 minimum balance $50,000 aggregate balance
The Fine Print
- You must enter promotion code “Access350” if opening online or mention the promotion to a banker when opening in-branch.
- All account holders on qualifying account must be new GSB checking account customers.
- Existing Guilford Savings Bank (GSB) consumer checking customers ineligible for $350 Gift Card offer.
- Offer only available for new Prime Access, Preferred Access or Access checking accounts. Accounts subject to approval.
- Minimum Requirements to Avoid Monthly Service Fee must be continually met for the account and the account must remain open for 180 days in order to receive the Gift Card.
- After 180 days, a bank representative will contact the primary account holder to confirm an accurate email address for Amazon eGift Card delivery.
- GSB reserves the right to substitute a gift card of equal value.
- May be subject to 1099 reporting. Account holder is responsible for all applicable taxes.
- Offer is subject to change without notice and may be withdrawn at any time.
- Consumer accounts only.
- Limit 1 offer per household.
- Limit 1 per account.
- $50 minimum to open.
- Please refer to GSB-YOURBANK.COM/PERSONAL-CHECKING for the account terms including the Minimum Requirements to Avoid the Monthly Service Fee for the qualifying Prime Access, Preferred Access and Access checking accounts.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Account has a $25 monthly fee, that is waived if you do either of the following:
- $2,500 minimum balance $50,000 aggregate balance
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule, so unsure if there is an early account termination fee.
Looks like an easy bonus to meet the requirements for with a $2,500 minimum balance, although you do need to maintain that for 180 days. Just need to know if it’s a hard or soft pull to open. If anybody goes for this bonus then please share your experiences in the comments below.
Hat tip to reader Laura G
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times